Official Guild Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shock and Jawa Forum Index -> Interest Checks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rejavarti
rejavarti
Scrapper

re: DvL planet bosses achievements - Gauging interest

Still some research needing to be done, and also timing is going to be dependent on what side has won at the time. But looking at doing some DvL planet bosses to get achievements. Would have to have a bunch of toons stationed around the spawn locations and see what is up at the time. 

Gidrea
Gidrea
Clan Shaman

I saw one!  He looks mean...

The power of the Force is insignificant next to the ability to aggro an entire planet
Penni'a
Scrapper

I think i've killed exactly one of these guys, and yes as i recall they are pretty mean.

They aren’t mean per se.  They have two main attacks that need to be avoided.  One is an attack similar to what Raptus does, Force Execution, with the same sort of purple telegraph on the ground.  The other is blue circles on the ground that require a lot of movement.  There is also a frequent knockback for kicks, literally.  Some on Alderaan are nicely close to respawn points but the ones on other planets I’m not sure about.  If you die you can come back, but if EVERYONE wipes the boss despanws and is gone for good... and wth the 18hour victory state now this really sucks.  Also if everyone runs out of aggrieved range and the boss de-aggros it will despawn.   I’ve never done it in a group of less than 14 I think.  It’s not really a dps check per se, but if healers are getting out of range because of circles or knockback or both then melee and yanks can get hurt bad and people can go down fast.  I’ve had the most success with three heals at least.  I don’t think there is a tank swap per se.

as an aside, especially considering the wipe=perma despawn mechanic and the addition of the 18 hour victory state, these were a neat idea but a piss poor execution.  It takes a lot of prep to hunt these, because you need a large group and lookouts stationed for summoning, but with the random spawn locations and the lack of respawning in that 18 hour window means all that effort to organize a group could be wasted.  If it’s something we try to do after a 16 person ops night when we happen to be in a victory state and happen to be lucky enough to find a spawn, I’ll be happy to join, but dedicating a specific window of time is pretty useless because of the design.

Rejavarti
rejavarti
Scrapper

I know that these are harder to plan for sure, it's just a gauging interest to see if people would be interested in doing them at all. 

Giddy and I have been placing toons as known locations for quick spawns. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shock and Jawa Forum Index -> Interest Checks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: